Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review: Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike             
Release Date: May 3rd, 2011
Publisher: Harper Teen
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 375
Source: Library
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life. I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."

Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail
(Add on Goodreads).
Review:

In Illusions, the third installment of the Wings series, which takes place two years after the first book. Laurel finds that moving on in her relationship with David and her "normal" life may be a lot harder than she thought, when Tamani shows up to protect her, masquerading as a new student in her school. Also meaning that the danger that she thought she left behind when the leader of the trolls was murdered, is worse than ever.

If none of this makes sense then that probably means that you haven't read Wings or Spells the first two books in the series, which I definitely recommend.

I can't say much more about this book without giving it away, but readers will have to decide which characters are friend or foe. As much as I loved this book the lack of action was a little disappointing. However, all is foregiven due to the wonderful scenes with Tamani and Laurel.

The way that Pike writes the romance and chemistry between them is amazing, she really does a great job of allowing the reader to see Tamani's love for Laurel. Shown in this wonderful little snipit right here,

“So why are you here?"
He lifted his hands and made as if to lay them on her arms, but just before they touched he stopped and let them fall. Then, simply, as though it were all the explanation she could ever need, he said, "Because I love you (Goodreads)


Did you hear that sound... it was thousands of girls swooning. The romance in Illusions is actually the main draw for me, everything else pales in comparison. I don't even know what Laurel sees in  David. But if you are Team Tamani like me than you may find some hope in this book.

Final Thoughts:

Good book and a Great romance.

Happy Reading,
         Chloe

1 comment:

I love getting comments from you guys! It totally makes my day :) I promise to reply to as many as possible and if you're a fellow blogger, leave you link so that I can come visit you!